Post by Avalikia on Oct 25, 2010 18:51:50 GMT -5
Below is a short set of rules that all players and guests are expected to follow. These rules are set by the staff of Gotham City RPG and are non-negotiable.
- Respect your fellow players and the staff. This forum is here for everyone's enjoyment, not for arguing and whatnot. If you want to argue, take it somewhere else. There's enough IC-drama in Gotham, we don't need any more OOCly. If you feel that someone is not treating you fairly whether it be in or out of character, alert a staff member and we will take care of the issue. Multiple or severe cases of this will get you banned. Don't do that.
- As a part of the rule above, do not flame, harass, verbally abuse, or anything of the sort whether that be via threads, or PMs here. As stated, if you want to argue, do it somewhere else. It will not be tolerated here.
- Stick with the theme of the RPG. More on this in the 'Theme' section of the forum.
- The rating here is PG-13. That means some intimate stuff and a lot of violence is allowed, but please don't overdo it. Yes, this is Gotham (and Metropolis), and yes there is a hefty amount of violent crimes and stuff. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the majority are comfortable playing that kind of stuff out in all it's gory detail. Super brutal murders or sexy-time scenes are not okay here. And they'll get you banned. When in doubt, ask a staff member first.
- Don't take yourself too seriously. Lighten up. Seriously! This is supposed to be a fun environment. There's nothing worse than a community in which the players don't get along and everyone is stepping on eggshells just to get a scene in. Be friendly with the other players, joke around (OOCly and in the proper channels of course) and just have a good time. Remember that this is a game, so you should be having fun.
- More detailed rules about characters and IC conduct can be found here, but to sum up the main points: we don't tolerate powergaming, we expect Canon Characters to act like themselves, we expect players to talk to each other, we expect you to keep active, all players are allowed 3 characters, and the first one must be a canon.
- For paranoid legality reasons: take note that all Canon Characters belong to DC and their rightful owners, not the players. You're free to play them as you'd like as long as it sticks to their already set-canon, but don't be all claiming them as 'yours' and stuff. That's illegal yo. Or maybe it isn't. Just don't do it.